Hi everyone! Meghan here to show you a super fun card that you can make with items you can find at the store! Here is my “dino-mite” card:
- Cut cardstock 8 1/4″ x 9″. Put 9″ side to top of score board and score at 2 1/8″, 4 1/4″, 6 3/8″, and 8 1/2″.
- Turn so 8 1/4″ side is at the top and score at 2 3/4″
- Put in paper trimmer so that the 2 3/4″ score line is to the left and trim to 6″.
- Using left over bit from previous step, trim to 3 1/8″ width. Cut in half at 1 1/8″
The mat stack measurements are as follows:
- Back of box cut 5 7/8″ x 2″ from card stock and 5 3/4″ x 1 7/8″ from patterned paper.
- Bottoms of box: card stock – cut three 2″ x 3 1/8″, patterned paper – cut three measuring 1 7/8″ x 3″.
- Tops of box: card stock – cut three card stock pieces 2″ x 3 5/8″ and from patterned paper 1 7/8″ x 2 1/2″.
Here are the other items from the store that I used:
- Lawn Fawn Critters from the Past stamps and dies
- Kraft in Color 6 x 6 pad by Doodlebug Designs
- Lawn Fawn Spring Showers dies
- Lawn Fawn Grassy Border die
- Lawn Fawn A Birdie Told Me dies
- Lawn Fawn Tag You’re It die
There are also a plethora of A2 box cards in the Silhouette Store. Search for A2 Box Card and scroll down a bit to see the first one. Use your gift card to purchase a pre-planned theme.
A view from the back:
The tag is a spot to write a message.
And here it is folded up ready to fit in an envelope:
The measurements I used created a card that is 6″ x 4 1/4″ so it won’t fit into a regular A2 envelope. However, this is when you need to bust out the Envelope Punch Board from We R Memory Keepers and make your own!
A few notes:
I used a piece of a clear acetate sheet to suspend the pterodactyl over the other dinosaurs. There are so many different Lawn Fawn stamps and dies that you could use to make a similar card.
These cards are SO.MUCH.FUN to make! Very addicting!
Check back on the blog soon for another A2 box/exploding card creation!