Have you ever seen a blog post that inspired you so much that you just had to try the technique? Well it happened to me. Check out this post here.
And here is the photo:
Nicole so inspired me that I had to try my own take on this sweet little journal.
Here is my take:
I used the following products from the Scrapbooks by Design store:
- Scripty Hello Die
- Spring Showers Die
- Tag You’re It Dies
- Year 4 Stamp Set and Dies
- 4 x 6 Stitched Journaling Card dies
- Hello Sunshine Petite Paper Pack
- Mono Multi Glue
Here is how I made it:
- Watch video here.
- Die cut 4×6 Journaling Card die. Fold in half. Crease fold.
- Die cut sun and clouds from papers in the Hello Sunshine Petite Paper Pack
- Die cut tag from white card stock.
- Die cut Scripty Hello die 5 times from black card stock. Use Mono Multi Glue to adhere layers together. This gives you a chipboard-like sentiment with tons of depth!
- Stamp, colour and die cut bird from Year 4 stamp set.
- Layer elements per photo. Use Mono Multi glue to adhere hello sentiment.
- Thread tag with Baker’s Twine [try Jillibean Soup Baker’s Twine here] or jute.
- Trim a few sheets of plain copy paper at 3 7/8″ x 5 7/8″. Fold in half and crease. Use ruler and sharp knife to trim open edges so they are even when folded. Place inside cover and staple together. Alternatively, you could sew the booklet together down the crease as well.
There are lots of great inspiration out there. Check out the Scrapbooks by Design Pinterest Boards here for lots more inspiration!