Here are some really quick instructions:
- Cut up an old cereal box into two 3 1/4″ squares and one 1/2″ x3 1/4″ strip.
- The cover is an 8 5/8″ x 4 1/2″ piece of double sided paper [I used papers from Doodlebug’s Happy Harvest 12 x 12 paper pack].
- Score at 5/8″ on every side and 4″ from each end. Snip notches at all four corners of the cover to make folding easier. Pre fold on all score lines.
- Trim a liner paper 6 3/4″ x 3″ and score at 3 1/8″ and 3 5/8″ [don’t turn the paper, just score at those two marks]. Pre fold all score lines.
- Adhere 3 1/4″ cereal box cardboard to the squares on the cover. You’ll see the squares you made by scoring. Adhere the 1/2″ x 3 1/4″ strip in the middle [this is the spine].
- Place adhesive on all sides and fold to cover edges of cardboard.
- Adhere liner over cardboard. Be sure to match up spine folds.
- Decorate the cover with fun Stitched Leaf die cuts from the latest Lawn Fawn release. I used more papers from the Doodlebug Happy Harvest 12 x 12 paper pack.
I used Milo’s ABC’s to put a sentiment on a tag and slipped it under a button I threaded with twine. Fluff up the leaves for a little more dimension.