It’s almost summer vacation! Many parents like to recognize a great teacher with a card or a gift. On my previous post, I showed a gift card holder that can be easily created for a favourite teacher. Today, I wanted to share an easy small card that could stand alone or go with a small gift. I used A Good Apple stamp set from Lawn Fawn and the very trendy chalkboard technique.
Here are the four cards I created:
and then each of the four cards separately:
2. Trim a piece of black card stock 2″ x 3 1/4″. Treat the piece with a powder tool or dust with baby powder to be sure that the embossing powder sticks only where you want it. Unfortunately, this isn’t foolproof. You can probably see a few small dots of stray embossing powder on my blackboards but I think this adds to the charm!
3. Stamp the sentiments on the card stock with Versamark ink and emboss with white embossing powder.
4. Use a white ink and a tissue or paper towel piece to smear white ink around the image. This provides the chalk residue.
5. Stamp a few of the extra small stamps from the Good Apple set on white card stock and colour with markers. Trim.
6. Adhere chalkboard image to base. Adhere any of the bits you coloured and trimmed on the chalk ledge. I’ve shown a few different configurations of these small images available in the stamp set.
7. Trim a piece of white card stock 4″ x 3″. Score on the 4″ side at 2″ to create a folded card 2″ x 3″. Adhere this base to the back of the chalkboard piece to create a small card.
These little cards are really sweet in real life. It is hard to capture them adequately with my camera!
Drop by the store and check out Lawn Fawn’s A Good Apple stamp set. Happy Summer Vacation!